Traditional Malay Weddings
Malay weddings are Grand Affairs where the couple are usually given the Royalty treatment.
In the different Muslim communities, their wedding traditions may vary, but there are some similarities based on faith.
The Weddings are usually spread out over several days, starting with the Spying event, the Engagement process, Henna-staining ceremony, followed by the Solemnisation ceremony and ending with the actual wedding day.
Read more about these ceremonies here:
- “Spying Custom” – Asking ceremony (Adat Merisik)
- Engagement Ceremony (Adat Bertunang / Meminang)
- Henna staining ceremony (Berinai)
- The Wedding Contract ceremony (Akad Nikah)
- The Wedding Ceremony (Bersanding)