Are We Getting The New Samsung GALAXY S4 Soon?
With rumours going on in the internet that we are getting the Samsung GALAXY S4 as early as the 26th April 2013, are you guys all excited yet?
The Samsung Galaxy S4 was unveiled in the Samsung Unpacked event at the Radio City Music Hall in New York City on the 14th March 2013 in a broadway musical style, which introduced the successor to the 40 million selling Samsung Galaxy S3
It was also mentioned that the S4 will be launched at the end of April 2013 World Wide to 327 mobile operators in 155 countries.
The Samsung S4 will be available with either the 1.9 Ghz Quad-Core Processor or the 1.6 Ghz Octa-Core Processor, depending on different regions or markets.
If you have not heard about the Samsung Galaxy S4 or want to find out more about its features, check out this video :
For Friends On Smartphones or tablets, for optimal viewing experience, watch this video in landscape mode
Introducing the Samsung Galaxy S4
What can we expect from the Samsung Galaxy S4?
- Dual Camera Now, you can take simultaneous photos and videos using both the front and rear cameras, and blend the pictures together
- Story Album Curate content, such as SNS posts, memos, location and weather information, as well as photos and videos, to create a photo album which is personalised around your timeline of special occasions and events
- Group Play Enjoy music, photos and games with those around you, without requiring a Wi-Fi AP or cellular signal
- Samsung Smart Pause Control the screen using your eyes
- Air View Hover with your fingers on top of the screen to preview the content of an email, S-Planner, image gallery or video without having to open it
- Air Gesture Change music tracks, scroll up and down a web page, or accept a call with a wave of your hand
- S-Health software Keeps you up-to-date with health and wellbeing information through a range of accessories
For more information on the new Samsung Galaxy S4, you can check it out at the official Samsung GALAXY S4 global page.
Are You Getting The Samsung GALAXY S4?
The Note II (LTE) might appeal to most users who needs a big screen (ie. me!) but for others, who finds the S3’s size just right, they might be interested in the upgrade to the S4 instead.
The difference between the S4 and the S3 is as follows:
- slightly larger screen – 4.99 inch 1920 x 1080 Full HD Super AMOLED display at 441 ppi for the S4 vs 4.8 inch 1280 x 720 at 306 ppi for the S3),
- a better camera – 13 megapixel back & 2 megapixel front for S4 vs 8 megapixel back & 1.9 megapixel front for the S3)
- Larger battery capacity – 2600 mAh (S4) vs 2100 mAh (S3)
- Latest Android Version on the S4 – Android 4.2.2
and of course with the additional software and OS improvements and features mentioned above, that could be a reason to upgrade your 1 year old S3 too!
If you have followed me on instagram, pinterest or my FaceBook Page, you would know that I actually went for the official release of the Samsung GALAXY NOTE II LTE launch at StarHub, Plaza Singapura, last year, 19th October 2012.
I was among the first 1000 in the queue, and the benefit of being the first 1000 was this Limited Edition Samsung Galaxy Note II Accessory pack :
The Accessory Pack includes :
- A Flip Cover (I have traded The Grey one seen in the image above, with a pink one with somebody in the forums)
- Protective Back Cover
- Car Adaptor (not in the image)
- Portable Battery Charger Pack
There was also a lucky draw to win a pair of SMTOWN LIVE WORLD TOUR III concert tickets in Singapore (but unfortunately, I did not win them – maybe next round, I will be more lucky, if there are more tickets to be won!)
I wonder if there is going to be such promotions again this round, for the new Samsung GALAXY S4.
Anyone going to queue overnight for it?
Do join me for updates on the official launch of the new Samsung GALAXY S4 in Singapore by following me from the links at the bottom of this page.
This post is Sponsored by Samsung.
All Trademarks mentioned in the article belong to their respective owners and the Brand names are mentioned for identification purposes only.