Unleashing Power And Unparalleled Connectivity In The Car
Pioneer’s latest AVH-X8550BT Multimedia receiver leads 2013 line of Multimedia receivers with connectivity to the latest iOS and Android devices
Pioneer Electronics, a leader in aftermarket car electronics, introduced its 2013 line of Multimedia receivers, led by the AVH-X8550BT. Featuring true connectivity with compatible applications on 22 major smartphone models (full list in Appendix below) running on the latest Apple iOS and Android operating systems , the AVH-X8550BT sports game-changing technologies that build on Pioneer’s expertise in the market for in-car entertainment.
“At Pioneer, we are constantly breaking new ground with our innovations, and this new product launched takes connectivity yet another step further in the market for in-car entertainment. We have improved on our Advanced App Mode to deliver the new AppRadio Mode, which sports connectivity with the latest iOS and Android-powered smartphones in the market today,”
said Mr. Masayoshi Ishikubo, Senior General Manager of Sales & Marketing Group, Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre
“With a highly convenient and responsive user interface, the AVH-X8550BT presents an ideal in-car entertainment solution for the modern, tech-savvy family with a wide variety of entertainment options.”
AppRadio Mode : Unleashing Connectivity with Android Smartphones
Previously known as Advanced App Mode, Pioneer has built on its expertise to deliver AppRadio Mode that powers the newly launched AVH-X8550BT. It now supports smartphones on the Android platform and the latest iPhone® models and operating systems (including iPhone 5  and iOS6), empowering users to view and control compatible third-party smartphone applications directly via the 7” WVGA touch screen on the car dashboard.
Sporting true applications connectivity, Android smartphone users can now enjoy direct access to their smartphone’s library of music and videos through the CarMediaPlayer application, in addition to other navigation applications (Waze and Extra Mile).
The AVH-X8550BT also provides compatibility with a myriad of applications ranging from navigation, internet radio service to social media, further minimizing the need for drivers to interact with their phones while on the road. Delivering connectivity to the latest Apple iOS6 operating system, users get to enjoy direct access to more than two dozen smartphone applications optimized for in-vehicle usage, including navigational tools (NavGate Drive South East Asia and Waze), Internet radio streaming (AUPEO! Personal Radio), and direct access to their favourite social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) through the EC Touch application. Pioneer will continue to grow the library of applications by working with developers around the world.
An Enhanced In-car Viewing Experience
With the strong popularity of mobile visual entertainment today, the AVH-X8550BT is equipped with Advanced Display Resolution, an extra-high-resolution technology designed to reproduce images with the highest quality and clarity possible.
With this technology, even mobile-optimized video files or compressed files with a lower resolution can be played with advanced brilliance and visibility on the receiver’s screen. Movies, TV shows and even cartoons for the children can be played back with ease and clarity.
The AVH-X8550BT also supports an expanded list of HD video formats, including DivX, h.264, WMV and HD, among others. To cater to different users’ listening and visual needs, the AVH- X8550BT also has dual zone support, where separate media can be played on the in-dash display for the front row, and headrest display(s) for the back row.
Bringing the Party to the Car
MIXTRAX, Pioneer’s proprietary virtual DJ technology, is incorporated into all 2013 Multimedia receivers. MIXTRAX intelligently groups songs of similar beat and characteristics within a media library and produces a unique nonstop listening experience by seamlessly transitioning between songs with DJ-inspired effects such as cross-fading, high-pass filter, and phaser. Advanced users can further customize their experience by selecting the types of transitions between songs, as well as the duration each song is played before transitioning to the next one.
A Smoother Experience
The new line of Multimedia receivers also boasts functional features that make them easy and convenient to use. They feature graphical user interface (GUI) that sports functional features, including a shortcut for media source, with possible selections displayed in large fonts for convenient access anytime.
Users can also quickly change audio settings by drawing the shape of their desired equalizer (EQ) curve on the screen. The Multimedia receivers also come with a multi-language interface, allowing users to select between English, Chinese (Simplified), Thai and Bahasa Indonesia.
The Pioneer AVH-X8550BT and AVH-X7550BT will be available in March 2013 at selected authorized dealers.
Check These Out :
- 2013 Pioneer AppRadio Mode Lifestyle Video
- AppRadio Mode Microsite
- Pioneer Car Entertainment Facebook Page
Additional Notes :
- Review the operation manual as well as all instructions and cautions provided with compatible smartphone applications before use. Become familiar with any applicable state and local laws. Pay attention to the road, limit glances to the device, and do not use any feature if it cannot be operated safely in your location and environment. Distracted driving may result in serious injury, including death
- AppRadio Mode & compatible applications may not be available in some countries. Pioneer AppRadio Mode application ‘AppRadio App’ is only applicable with use via 3G or Wi-Fi Connection situations
- Pioneer does not guarantee compatibility with all USB mass storage devices and assumes no responsibilities for any loss of data on media players, smartphones, or other devices while using the receiver
- Connectivity with Android smartphones is available via the CD-AH200 accessory cable kit, sold separately
- iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S are compatible using the Pioneer CD-IU201S accessory cable.
- Bluetooth® functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers
- PIONEER, MIXTRAX, APPRADIO MODE, NAVGATE DRIVE and CARMEDIAPLAYER are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation
- iPHONE and iOS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc
- Android is a trademark of Google Inc
- AUPEO! Personal Radio is a registered trademark of AUPEO!
- EC Touch is a registered trademark of Motus Lab
- Extra Mile is a registered trademark of GammaPoint, LLC
- Waze is a registered trademark of Waze Inc.
The regional headquarters of Pioneer Corporation since 1992, PAC’s core business covers the audio and video industries with a diversified range of products encompassing DVD-related products, home stereo systems, speakers, car audio visual and DJ equipment. In line with the corporate vision to become a company that works together in ‘pursuing innovations one after another’, PAC aims to continuously introduce innovative products that will raise entertainment to the level of pure emotion.
For more information, please visit www.pioneer.com.sg
List of smartphones compatible with AppRadio Mode
DROID incredible 4G LTE
Optimus 4X HD P880
Optimus 2X (P990)
DROID RAZR MAXX HD
DROID RAZR MAXX
DROID RAZR HD
Galaxy Note™ II
- Sony Ericsson
Xperia™ arc S
Xperia™ neo V
*Compatibility with AppRadio Mode will depend on the firmware updates of the smartphone device.
 Connectivity with Android smartphones is available via the CD-AH200 accessory cable kit, sold separately
 From March 2013 onwards, support for the iPhone 5 can be added to the AVH-X8550BT and AVH-X7550BT with a firmware update and a compatible connectivity kit. This will allow users to access and control select iPhone 5 apps via the in-dash touchscreen display, as well as playback music and videos stored in the iPhone 5
 Only applicable for video playback from USB device and SD memory card.
All images in this post are used with permission
All Trademarks mentioned in the article belong to their respective owners and the Brandnames are mentioned for identification purposes only