Dell Latitude 10 Enhanced Security Tablet Meets the Security, Manageability and Reliability Needs of Government Agencies, Financial Institutions and Healthcare Organizations
Dell today introduced the Latitude 10 enhanced security configuration, a business-ready tablet designed to address the costly and time consuming management and security challenges faced by organizations deploying tablets. The Dell Latitude 10 is ideal for highly regulated industries such as government agencies, financial institutions and healthcare organizations and builds upon Dell’s heritage of delivering trusted business PCs with industry-leading manageability, security and reliability.
Study Reveals Multiple IT Challenges of Deploying Tablets in Enterprise Settings
A recent Dell and Intel-commissioned Harris Interactive online surveyor  of 204 U.S. healthcare IT decision makers highlights the tablet management challenges faced by organizations today. The results show that tablets are increasingly becoming a standard IT device (51 percent of the healthcare organizations surveyed have deployed them). However, other studies show tablets can cost significantly more time and money to manage than other standard Windows-based devices such as laptops and desktops.
According to the results of the Harris survey :
- On average, those institutions managing tablets spend an estimated $2,235.20 configuring these devices to work within their organizations. These costs are often several times more than the actual expense of acquiring the device
- Fifty-one percent of tablet using institutions report that the devices required additional software or tools beyond what is used to manage laptops and desktops
- Forty-two percent of IT decision makers in tablet using organizations spent between 10 and 29 minutes per tablet to achieve the same level of security inherent in Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chips
- Forty-four percent of those in tablet using organizations reported that there are applications that are currently used in their organization on desktop and laptop computers that cannot currently be accessed on tablets
These results demonstrate that the introduction of tablets into enterprise environments has created a more expensive and difficult management process for IT managers in multiple industries. The Dell Latitude 10 was designed to overcome these challenges by combining a great user experience with ease of management and deployment by IT. The Latitude 10 fits easily and securely into existing IT environments to help improve IT efficiency and decrease total cost-of-ownership. Because it is managed like any standard Windows-based laptop, the Latitude 10 is significantly easier to deploy and manage than the Apple iPad in large scale enterprise implementations. According to third-party testing performed by Principled Technologies , when compared to the iPad the Latitude 10 tablet is :
- Up to 17 times faster and 94 percent less expensive to deploy saving approximately 580 hours in system prep and applications installation
- Up to 99 percent faster for software updates, saving approximately 197 hours with automated updates
- Up to 85 percent cheaper per device to maintain over a three-year period
Industry-Leading Tablet Security
The Latitude 10 tablet, powered by the dual core Intel® Atom™ processor Z2760, delivers more hardware, authentication, data protection, tracking and recovery security features than any other tablet device on the market today and is ideal for organizations that must comply with stringent regulations such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS). The Latitude 10 enhanced security configuration is the only dual-authentication Windows 8 tablet with both an integrated smart card and fingerprint reader, in addition to the Latitude 10’s already robust security features that include :
- Dell Data Protection|Access providing an integrated end point security management suite that utilizes the fingerprint and smart card reader in the Latitude 10 as well as third-party security devices. A Dell wizard provides simple setup
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 hardware to allow networks to check device integrity and to assign full trust
- Microsoft® BitLocker Drive Encryption
- A Noble Lock slot for added hardware security
Product Availability and Pricing
The Dell Latitude 10 Enhanced Security is available in Singapore today at a starting price of S$1,166 (incl. GST). The Latitude 10 essentials 64GB configuration is available starting at S$803.
Additional Resources :
More information, including images, infographics, full research reports and blogs that further explore the research findings and Latitude 10 with enhanced security can be found here.
 Tablets in Large Enterprises: Dell Latitude 10 with Windows 8 vs. Apple IPAD, A Principled Technologies Test Report, Commissioned by Dell, Jan. 2013
 The Dell Healthcare and Technology study is a third-party study commissioned by Dell. It was conducted online within the US and UK by Harris Interactive on behalf of Dell between Dec. 27, 2012 and Jan. 17, 2013 among 204 US and 81 UK IT decision makers who work in the healthcare industry who were either hospital/clinic administrators or IT professionals working inside or outside a dedicated IT department, and who had at least a major influence on decision making regarding purchasing computer equipment for hospitals/clinics. 105 IT decision makers in the US and 50 in the UK report that tablets are used in their organization. No estimates of theoretical sampling error can be calculated; a full methodology is available here.
 Offers subject to change, not combinable with all other offers. Taxes, shipping, handling and other fees apply. Offers available only to qualified customers and subject to restrictions in your applicable contract, if any. Dell reserves right to cancel orders arising from pricing or other errors.
All images in this post are used with permission
All Trademarks mentioned in the article belong to their respective owners and the Brandnames are mentioned for identification purposes only